How to solve printer won’t connect with the WPS network?
The Brother printers are integrated with 802.11N wifi technology. It adapts to wireless settings very quickly.
When you connect the brother printer to the wireless network. It will save the settings. Therefore, whenever you restart the printer it will connect automatically to that network.
However, sometimes my brother’s printer will not join the wireless network. If the user attempts to connect to an unmanaged wireless connection. It says, cannot connect to the network, or Wi-Fi setup failure error.
What is the reason why is my brother printer not connecting to wifi?
In general, the printer isn’t connecting to the WIFI due to improper WIFI protection or weak signal issue. In addition, it could also be due to various other reasons including:
· The printer is 8 meters from the router.
· It is possible that the network configurations are wrong.
· The wireless password isn’t valid.
· The issue with printer firmware. The issue with router firmware.
If you’re unable to connect the Brother printer to the WIFI Follow the tips below to resolve the WIFI setting issue.
How can I fix Brother printers that won’t connect to WIFI?
Step 1 — Reboot your devices
· Power off the printer.
· Switch out the access point(router) too.
· Now turn to the gadgets one at one.
When the printer comes returning to its home page we can try reconnecting the printer with the WIFI.
Step 2: Keep the printer near to the router:-
· A typical WIFI router will transmit the signals within a 10-meter range only. The printer should be further than 8 meters from the router. The signal quality will be poor.
· In this scenario, the printer of the brother will continue to disconnect to the WIFI. In some cases, users might encounter an offline brother printer error on PCs or mobile devices because of the connection issue.
· In this case, the printer must be placed your printer close to the WiFi access point (router) and then connect your printer to your WIFI network.
Step 3 — Reset your network settings:-
if your device was previously connected to WIFI, however, it will not connect to the network after changing the wireless password of the router. It’s a sign that you need to reset the network settings.
It is trying to join the previous network profile. This is the reason why it’s failing to connect. To fix the issue the network settings must be reset. the settings for your network.
· We’ll turn on the Brother printer.
· Use the menu or home key to activate it.
· Click on the Network option by using the upward and downward arrow keys.
· If you own an LCD touch screen then hit the next button and go there.
· Choose option Network Reset option.
· Finally, push the 1 or Yes button on the reset network pop-up.
After that, the printer has completed the rest of the network. Do you have to reconnect with the WIFI?
Step 4- Use WPS Feature:-
· WPS (wireless secured configuration) is my preferred method for connecting the printing device to WIFI.
· To utilize this feature, both equipment (printer as well as the router) should be compatible with WPS.
· If your printer from Brother doesn’t join the WIFI with your network password.
· You can use this feature to connect to the internet.
There are two ways to connect to WPS:
· Press the menu on the printer of your brother.
· Visit the network and then press the OK button.
· Press the down button to open the WLAN option. Press the OK button.
· Select the WPS Option, then hit OK.
· Press the button again.
· Visit the router and then press the WPS button as well.
· Then, leave the devices unattended for between 100 and 120 minutes. They will be synced.
· Revert to your WPS choice on your printer.
· Use using the Pin method.
· Then, enter the WPS pin which is located in the router.
· Click the OK button.
Step 5: Update the printer’s firmware:-
If you own an older printer, and you haven’t changed the firmware for several years. This can cause the brother printer won t connect to wifi.
In this instance, you must check for the latest firmware update. If you discover the latest versions of your firmware. It is possible to upgrade it right away.
Does your printer from brother not connecting to the internet at the moment? Change these settings on the router?
If you’ve made adjustments to your printer however it’s still not connecting to the wireless network. The problem could be at the exterior. This is why you should change the settings on the router.
· Set the wireless channels to the standard mode 9 or 11:
· Start the router admin panel on your computer.
· Select the settings for wireless.
· Set the wireless channel to 9 or 11, and then press the button to apply changes.
· Install the WEP encryption for security.
Once you’ve changed channels, once you have changed the Wireless channels, it is recommended to change the encryption type as well. Since some printers use Atheros adapters. Atheros adapters, these kinds of adapters could cause connectivity issues with WPA or WP2 encryption. So if you’re using WPA or WPA2 security, change it to the WEP 64.
· Go to the router’s administrator panel on your device.
· Visit wireless security.
· Select the encryption type as WEP64 bit.
· Create a new network key.
· Make sure to apply them to make the changes.
After you have changed your encryption method, you must try setting up the wireless connection on the device Check to see if the Brother printer is connected to the WiFi or not?
Reset the router
If you’ve made changes to the settings of your router, but it hasn’t helped you to fix the issue. You must reset your router. If you want to reset it, press the reset button for 32 seconds. If you want to reset it, access the admin settings on the router’s control panel and then click the button to restore factory settings. Then, you can set up the router from the beginning. Join the wireless network on the printer by using the updated credentials.